16 Signs You’re Ready to Move In Together
Think you two are ready for that next step? Analyze that decision better with this list! It will be worth it before taking that giant plunge.
1. You don’t feel the need to run to the bathroom in the morning to put on just a touch of makeup before he wakes up anymore. He likes you better without mascara anyway.
2. You’ve met his parents. Or at least you feel comfortable answering the phone when his mom calls and he’s in the shower.
3. You could see yourself being with him forever. Yeah, it might not work out, but you have a pretty good feeling that he’s your lobster.
4. You like being around him. A lot.
5. You keep food you eat — but he doesn’t — in his fridge/pantry. And you’re at his house so often that the food in your fridge keeps going bad before you can eat it.
6. You like the nights you are with him more than the nights you’re not. It’s not because you get lonely. It’s because you get lonely for him.
7. You have TV series you only watch with each other. Watching True Detective home alone isn’t half as much fun as spazzing out about it with him.
8. You can’t find anything to wear at your own apartment because all your clothes are at his. Where’s my white collarless shirt from Fred Segal? It’s my most capable-looking outfit!
9. He respects your living habits. Even if messes don’t bother him, he at least makes an effort to clean up when you come over.
10. You have a system in place when it comes to household chores. You always do the laundry. He always cleans the dishes. Whatever it is, it works, and you both think it’s fair.
11. You know how to give each other space. You understand that needing alone time doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with the relationship, and you realize that just because you share an apartment doesn’t mean you have to do EVERYTHING together.
12. You are comfortable talking about money and understand each other’s spending habits. Yes, this means how much you spend on rent, but it also means how much you spent on groceries and other household necessities. No one wants to be the one who’s all, “Did you drink my milk?”
13. You wear your retainer around him like it ain’t no thing. You can’t pull that “Oh, I’ll just skip a night” routine when you spend every night together.
14. You get annoyed when your other roommates are home. We just want to make out on the couch. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
15. You’re paying rent for an apartment you don’t use. Now that’s just wasteful.
16. You know his neighbors. You’re actually not sure if they know you don’t live there.”